Thursday, September 4, 2014

Fall Fishing Starting

Little by little fall is taking hold.  The days are getting shorter and the nights have been cool. Oh, daytime temperatures have been warm this week, but I sense the carp are starting their fall feed in anticipation of colder weather coming.
I had a real good morning today catching 5 carp and having another one on.  The biggest of the bunch was a 15 lb. mirror.  I'm back to using combo bait on the hair rig that centers around that artificial pop-up corn.  Sometimes I use maize with the artificial, sometimes chick peas.  Chick peas have been hot for me lately in a variety of spots.  I like to buy the chick peas (also known as garbanzo beans) in a dried state and boil them for exactly 20 minutes.  I am using one chick pea on the hair rig along with an artificial plastic corn.  Both yellow artificial corn and orange worked well this morning.
So, there has been an uptick in the carp feeding in the last couple of days.  This decent fishing has replaced very slow conditions of late August.  Hopefully, it will continue.
This good size mirror carp hit a combo bait that consisted of yellow
artificial corn and a chick pea. The carp were on a fall feed this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment