Friday, November 14, 2014

Back to Reality

It was back to reality today as the super carp fishing of the last two days returned to normal.  I figured this would happen with the cold night and snow of early morning.  I got out today and fished with my friend and fellow RI CAGer Nick. Temperatures today were generally in the forties and high thirties, almost 20 degrees colder than yesterday.
While the fishing was not as fast and furious as the last two days, it was still good.  Nick and I landed a combined 11 carp with many of the fish going 8-12 lbs. That is very decent fishing for this time of year, but far slower than the 37 carp I landed while fishing alone on Wed. and Thurs. Still, we were happy with the results.
We fished with maize today fished on the hair rig with no method ball, generally the bait set up I use in the cold weather months.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment