Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve, 2015

I knew it was warm when I was driving to my spot today and someone passed me in a convertible with the top down.  Yikes, the temperature reached 67 degrees where I was fishing, certainly the warmest Christmas Eve I have ever experienced. If you are a carp fisherman, you know the good times are rolling in this warm weather in recent weeks.
I don't care where you are fishing, the fish are hitting.  I went to a river spot first today and was greeted by fast, flooding water from last night's torrential rain.  Even though I tried for a period of time, my bait and line kept getting clogged with weed and debris.  So, cancel that spot and come up with a plan B in a hurry.  I headed to a pond that I don't normally fish at this time. That did the trick as I banked 8 fish in an hour and half and missed a bunch more (see photo at left of one of the fish). They were all caught on sweet corn on the hair with a small method ball fished ahead of it. The fish were enjoying this warm weather as much as I was!
If you have a chance to get out in the next couple of days, do it.  This fishing is unusually good for late December, a very rare treat at this time of year. You might never see this again.
I want to extend a "Happy Holidays" to all my local readers and carp fishing friends. Enjoy the holidays and I hope you find the time to land another carp or two before 2015 ends..

No comments:

Post a Comment