Friday, March 11, 2016

Consistent

This was one of several fish
landed this evening.  It came right
at dark, a productive time this week.
Consistency is a usually a tough thing to find in March carp fishing.  But, with this steady stream of warm weather it has brought steady fishing in this early going.  I got out the last 4 days in a row and landed a decent number of fish with a combination of mirrors and commons.  There were no blanks.  The best day brought 5 fish to the bank while the worst day brought 2.  That's about as consistent as it gets.  And, I am getting my fish in multiple spots so the action is fairly widespread.
Here are a couple of other facts that you might find useful if you hit the water this weekend.  All of my fish except for one has been caught on sweetcorn only. I am fishing this on a hair rig.  One fish was landed on a combo of an artificial plus sweetcorn.  The most productive time to fish has been late afternoon into darkness. I landed several fish in the dark. Shallow water that warms up fast is producing the best.  While I have gotten no big ones yet over twenty pounds, I have heard of fish of 23, 25 and 29 lbs. caught by RI CAG anglers. Those are some very big fish for this early time of the year.
So, it's early March and things are hopping in the carp world here in RI. Beats last year when we were up to our ears in snow along with ice that was measured by the foot. What a difference a year makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment