Saturday, March 26, 2016

100

This hefty common is number 100
on the year. Fishing remains
inconsistent, a trademark of March.
I hit a milestone today in this new year of fishing.  I landed my 100th carp for 2016. It was a good looking hefty common carp. This is one of the earliest dates that I have ever hit 100.  No surprise here as the weather has been unusually warm allowing me to get out early and often this year.
March continues to fish inconsistently, a trademark of this month.  I got out today and landed nine carp, one of my best outings for the month.  Yet, when I look back over the month in my logs, I see a lot of days with zero or one fish.  There has also been a good number of days with 5-9 fish. That is typical of on and off March carping as the fishing seems to mirror the weather.
One common thread here is that nearly all my fish in March thus far have fallen for sweet corn. Pests are pretty much non existent so the sweet corn stays on the hair. It is interesting to note, though, that I landed my first horned pout, a good looking yellow bullhead, several evenings ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment