About a week ago I switched tactics. First off, I switched locations I was fishing, leaving some good size commons behind to go after some good size mirrors. I found a new hotspot, a previous unknown venue which held some real good size fish. Secondly, I changed bait, opting to just go with my plastic pop-ups with one kernel of Pescaviva (see post on making pop-ups from plastic worms). And, finally I changed my method mix. I am still going with the basic oatmeal, cornmeal and bread, but I am now going with several handfuls of sweet feed (sold in feed stores) in the mix. This method smells so good I'm even tempted to eat a handful.
Whether it was one or two tactics from above that worked or whether it was a combination of everything, I had a past five days to remember, landing over 30 good size mirrors that ran up into the twenties. For sure, the warm weather helped, but I like to think my approach had something to do with my success.