Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Flooding Forces Change in Locations

My number 1 and number 2 spots are flooded out right now due to yesterday's drenching rains.  They are basically unfishable  So, that caused in shift in my strategy over the last two days. I am back to fishing the small spots I fished so often in March when things went sour in the big waters.  I'm not catching the record breakers of last week, but I am having some decent action with smaller fish.  In the last two outings, I have landed 7 mirrors (see photo of today's fish) in a short amount of time and had several more misses.  Only drawback to fishing these smaller spots is that the sun turtles are now a menace, picking away at the sweet corn that I'm using for bait.  Not much I can do about it other than check my bait after about 20 minutes of fishing.
The flooding is so severe in places that I suspect it will take up to a week before the water returns to fishable levels.  The Blackstone River, in particular, is severely affected by this high and fast moving water. I scouted around today and it wasn't pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment