Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Rainy Weather Lights It Up

Today's biggest carp was in the low twenties.  This was one
of seven fish landed.
Fishing had been poor for me lately, but today's rainy weather ended my poor streak.  The fishing just lit up with one of the best days of the summer for me.  As the rain was coming down this morning, there were fish jumping everywhere in the place I was fishing, and they were hitting.  I landed a total of 7 carp in about three hours of fishing with the biggest fish reaching into the low twenties. Most of the fish went 10-20 lbs., decent size for this time of year. All the fish were landed on unflavored maize fished ahead of an oatmeal based method ball.
I've seen this pattern played out over and over again in recent years at this time.  Fishing is poor in the nice, sunny, bluebird weather.  Suddenly, a stormy day comes along and the carp go crazy.  It happened today, and I'm sure it will continue to happen again in the upcoming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment