Thursday, October 23, 2014

Even Bad Weather Not a Turn-on

This decent size common was
landed yesterday in some rainy
and windy weather. The fishing
has not improved in the nasty
weather of the last few days.
In the past I have posted numerous posts about how lousy, rainy and stormy weather was a turn-on in carp fishing.  I have had spectacular days of fishing in some of the lousiest weather imaginable.  I'm talking fishing in hurricanes, tropical storms and windswept heavy rains.
However, the northeaster of the last two few days has had little effect on carp fishing.  I'm still getting them, but I continue to rate the fishing as only fair.  The bad weather has not made the fishing any better or any worse. For instance, I fished a good spot this morning in the wind and light rain and landed just one carp.  I went back to another spot tonight in pouring rain and got one decent size carp after dark.
So, what's wrong.  I believe that the current northeaster is bringing with it a lot of cold weather that is dropping the water temps.  Sudden drops in water temperatures are just not good at this time of year.  There is no question in my mind.....if we had a south or southeast wind with warm temperatures in the 60's and 70's with rain, we would have some terrific fishing. Warm rain tends to be a turn-on for carp in the fall while a cold rain at this time of year has little effect on the fishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment