Sunday, November 6, 2016

Award Winning Carp Photo

Check out my award winning carp photo.  This photo captured first place in the national CAG Discovery Month Photo Contest. The winning prize was a gift certificate to Big Carp Tackle, a CAG hat and a year's free membership to CAG. It was the first time a RI CAG member ever won this event.
Most people who know me know that I love to take pictures, especially fishing related photos. I have a lot of high tech photo equipment that can really deliver a stunning shot.  In this case I was using my Canon SLR with a 55-250 mm telephoto lens attached to it. I was shooting at about 150 mm. The trick here is that I was using a continuous shooting mode which means when I pressed the shutter button down, the camera continuous shot off photos at a rapid pace. The camera was also in the auto focusing mode.  While balancing the camera with one hand and my rod with the other, I took a lot of photos whenever I had the fish in view on the surface.  Once home, I downloaded the photos, sorted through the dozens of pictures and picked the best one.  That one shot proved to be the contest winner!


No comments:

Post a Comment