Friday, April 17, 2009

Nighttime Carpin Lights Up



This week has marked the start of nighttime carpin for me here in RI. Of the last nine carp that I caught this week, 8 have been landed at or after dark. See the picture on the right of one of the mirrors that I caught last night. Note that I have also been fishing equally in the daylight as well as at night. So, that should tell you just how productive nighttime fishing has been.


The tactics are the same at night as in the daytime. Make sure you have a reliable headlight and keep stuff on the bank very organized and easy to find. Bite alarms that light up are almost a must, especially in dark spots.


I like fishing at night. It's very quiet, there are few fishermen to compete with, the yahoos in boats are not around, and the fishing can be very good. Carp like it too as there are times of the year when nighttime is more productive than daytime. We're in one of those periods right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment