Thursday, June 25, 2009

Battle from the Kayak


I frequently paddle around carp ponds in my kayak just looking for mulberry trees at this time of year. That's where you are sure to find carp feeding. They are easy marks when feeding on mulberries. Well, I found some today and fished a berry under several trees. The first fish I hooked tore off along the shore and took me under a tree and escaped. I got smarter with the second fish. Right after hooking, the fish headed for a snag, but I immediately stuck the rod under my knee and paddled like crazy into deeper water. Once in deeper, snag free water, the fish pulled me around a bit, but I was able to get the fish along side the kayak and netted a nice 10 lb. common. If you are looking for a challenge and own a kayak, give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment