Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Carp Gone Wild



It was a wild weather day here in RI with thunderstorms, wind and heavy rain. It was my kind of carp fishing weather, the type of conditions in which I have scored big all year. Today was another one of those banner days.


I began the day searching under mulberry trees along the Blackstone River, the canal and a few ponds. The rain was knocking berries all over the place and the carp were going nuts for them. I landed 6 carp up to the low teens on berries and lost several more. Later, I hit one of my favorite ponds and fished my pineapple vodka flavored corn and vodka flavored sweet corn. I landed 9 more fish up to fifteen pounds and lost several more. In ever spot I fished, the carp were charged up like the weather, breaking and rolling and moving around in groups in low water.


My total for the day was 15 carp with a mix of commons and mirrors. It was my type of fishing weather day, and I would guess the carp found it favorable too.

No comments:

Post a Comment