Friday, November 13, 2009

Bad Weather, Good Fishing!


I took a break from my striper fishing and got out carp fishing today. The weather was lousy with high winds, cold and showers, my type of fishing weather. It didn't affect the fish as they were very active. I was quite surprised at the screaming runs I was getting. Maybe it was because the water was still 50 degrees.

In a session of three hours, I landed 6 carp, all small ones in the 5-6 lb. range and missed several other runners. I got three of them on unflavored sweet corn and three of them on small doughballs. Unflavored sweet corn and small doughballs made from rolling the white part of a slice of bread are about the best late fall baits to use. I also had a small, oatmeal based method ball up ahead of the bait. I used the finesse strategies described in my posts below. Yes, it is still happening. I plan to keep fishing until the ice comes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment