Tuesday, December 15, 2009

DONE

Hate to say it, but I believe the end has come in RI. In the last five days, I have been out fishing with other RI CAG members Jeff Allard and Nick Newton and we have all blanked. Right now, all the small ponds are ice covered and the big ponds have ice along the shores. Water temps. are in the mid thirties in the big ponds, and I have never caught a carp in water that was lower than 38 degrees. Without any warm water outflows in RI, carp fishing comes to a halt when the ice arrives. So, time to clean up the reels, restock some gear, buy some new stuff and wait until an extended warm spell or spring.
I will continue to post on this blog during the winter months. I will be focusing on equipment, reviewing products and sending along CAG information.
To all my supporters who visit this blog, I wish you all Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment