Thursday, May 6, 2010

The CAG "Big 4"



The Carp Anglers Group is holding a tournament for its members that runs the whole month of May. It is called the Big 4, and it is the total weight of the biggest four carp you can catch in the month of May. This is the first year that I have entered the contest. In fact, I don't believe anyone from RI has entered this event in the past. It is difficult, if not impossible, for a Rhode Islander to win this thing considering you are competing against fishermen from big carp hotspots like Texas, the St. Lawrence River, Ontario and Michigan.


When I started, my goal was a top ten finish and landing 100 lbs. for 4 fish. I am happy to say I've already surpassed the hundred pounds and currently I sit in second place. At the present time, I also have the largest mirror entered at 29 lbs., 4 oz. Lots of things will change before the end of the month as some of the big names in carp fishing have still not even entered a fish.


The CAG offers many events such as this to its members. Membership certainly has its privileges. You can join the CAG by going to its website at http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment