Thursday, June 10, 2010

To Stay Put or Move


I went out yesterday to one of my favorite June spots. This place has had a tendency of producing real well on cloudy or rainy days which was the case yesterday. I arrived around noontime and got my two rods baited up and in the water. There was no activity. After about an hour, I had a runner and landed a beauty of around 20 lbs. (pic at right). That was it for the entire afternoon. Not another hit or beep hours and the time was creeping up to 4:00.

I had a dilemma often faced by carp fishermen. Should I stay or move to another spot? Based on my previous experience that told me that late afternoon and evening were the best times here, I decided to stay. I also had a sixth sense that told me things would perk up. They did. In the next two and a half hours, I landed 8 more fish, all decent sized teen fish. In carp fishing, sometimes it is just a case of being patient and waiting it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment