Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sweet Corn Tactics: Colors and Flavors



Sweet corn is very hot right now. Maybe it's because the water is so warm and the fish are a bit picky. I have been having very good luck using flavored sweet corn. I often will mix different flavors as well as colors and that sometimes makes for an irresistible combination (see photo at left). Three flavors have been hot this week are carpquila, spicy peach and pineapple. At times, I have loaded the hair with all three. I also like to vary the color. The peach is a red color and I usually sandwich that between two yellow kernels (pineapple and/or carpquila). For whatever the reason, threading different colors on the hair has worked especially well for me this week. In the last two days I have landed over a dozen carp using this tactic (see photo of one of today's fish at right). You can purchase flavored sweet corn from The Bait Stop, or you can buy a can of sweet corn from the supermarket and add your own flavoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment