Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ideal November Conditions Get Carp Feeding



If you had to pick an ideal late fall day for carp fishing, this was it. It poured last night but stayed warm, the temperature today was in the 60's and it was windy. Those warm temperatures sent the water temperatures up a tick, but it was just enough to get the carp in high gear.


I fished three different ponds today for about two hours apiece and caught fish everywhere I went. I came away with three commons and a mirror and lost a couple of more. In addition, I had lots of beeps and taps. And , I saw fish jumping and swirling even in the windy weather. Most of these fish that I caught were about ten pounds apiece. The hot bait today was pineapple flavored sweet corn (what else). Also, I had a hit on a doughball.


Remember that carp will continue to hit in the cold months. They are particularly active on these days when water temperatures are rising. In the past, I have taken them from open water here in RI every single month of the year!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Dave-

    I lost your e-mail. Would you send me a message at jtorgan@savebay.org? Happy holidays. Thanks, JT

    ReplyDelete