Monday, February 14, 2011

A Taste of Spring



The temperature flirted with 50 degrees today and I went carp fishing. It was a preview of what's to come. If I ignored the two to three feet of snow on the ground and the ice along the shore where I was fishing, I could imagine this was late March. I also had to ignore the fact that my bank sticks went so far in the snow that the alarms themselves were barely sticking out of the snow (see photo)!


I've got to say it fished like March. The carp were active in the partial open water that I fished. Oh, I landed no magazine cover monsters, but I did manage to land several feisty small ones, and it felt good just to soak in the warmth and get back in the game of carp fishing. The hot ticket as it always seems to be in cold water was pineapple flavored sweet corn on the hair rig off a small, #8 hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment