Friday, April 8, 2011

Hot Fishing is Here!


Good bye cold weather and north winds, hello warm weather and hot fishing. Yesterday afternoon I hit the hottest fishing day of the spring as I landed 10 carp up to 15 lbs. The warm day brought increased activity as I saw a lot of fish moving around, jumping and bubble trails. They were also actively hitting. Hot bait of the day was banana flavored maize which caught most of my larger fish. Sweet corn, when I could keep it on the hook (turtles pesty), took a lot of the smaller fish. With temperatures heading toward the sixties this weekend, the hot carp fishing should continue.

One more big tip here. I caught most of my fish around structure. Underwater drop offs, downed trees, tree trunks underwater. These are all tough places to fish, but spots that attract a lot of carp. Fish around structure if you are looking to increase your catches.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Dave,
    Yesterday around 2:pm I headed over to Roger williams park for some carp.I was using home made boilies flavored with vanilla and two salmon eggs for color.I was there for 3 hours and when I packed up to leave all bait was in tact on the hair rig.Any hints on adding to my success.I'll travel anywhere to drag a fish onto the bank. Thanks, East Bay Angler-Mike G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,
    Try Brickyard Pd. with either small boilies or hard doughballs (read some of my past posts on how to make). The area along the Bike Path can be good. Forget the salmon eggs.
    In places where trout are not stocked, fish with sweet corn or maize. Try to prebait ahead of time. If you don't get anyythng within a week, send me an e-mail (the guys at East Bay Anglers have my e-mail address.)

    ReplyDelete