Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pop-ups....Hot Bait Tip






I am on a roll this week banging one big mirror after another up over 20 lbs. while fishing the Blackstone River. My key to success is a new tactic for me using 10 mm pop-up boilies. I got these from World Classic Baits, http://www.worldclassicbaits.com/ If you never fished these before, they are small boilies that basically float. I have been putting one of these on the hair along with a kernel of flavored sweet corn. The pop-up floats alluringly just above the sinker. The carp seem to pounce right on it. I have been fishing two rods, one with the pop-up boilie and one with just maize and sweet corn, and the pop up has far outfished regular maize and sweet corn. I am using pineapple flavored pop ups. Terrific bait!

No comments:

Post a Comment