Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pop-Ups Hot Once Again

It has been a real big week for me here  in RI.  Yes, that 33 lber. was the highlight, but I have also been banging a lot of big mirrors while fishing in the morning in various spots along the Blackstone River.  Without question, the hottest bait of the week for me has been 10 mm pop-up boiles from World Classic Baits.  I am using these in a pineapple flavor.  These pop-ups move alluringly above the sinker when used in a river current.  I think that provides added attraction which the carp just love, especially when you pack your sinker with a method ball of bait (see photo).  This bait combination has outfished everything else I have tried in the Blackstone.  It has accounted for a number of large mirrors up to 22 lbs. for in the last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment