Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Big Mirrors on the Feed

This has been a real good week for me with big mirrors.  As many of you know, the Blackstone River is one of the premier places in the entire US to catch mirror carp.  Many fishermen around the country marvel at what we've got here in RI.  I have been fishing exclusively in the Blackstone in the last week and making some big scores. 
Here in RI, a big mirror is about 20 lbs.  A huge one would be 25 lbs.  There has only been one documented  thirty pounder ever landed and I got her this past spring (31 lbs., 8 oz.).  I've landed 15 good size mirror carp in the last five outings.  All of these fish have been over 10 lbs.  However, of that bunch four of them were over 20 lbs. as I had fish of 20, 22, 23 and 25 lbs. (see pic of 23 lber. landed yesterday).
The big fish, commons as well as mirrors, are on the feed right now as they fatten up for winter.  It is prime time to catch a trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment