Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Beer Barrels

I had the right conditions today for a late fall day of carp fishing.  It's been warm for three days in a row, and it was rainy with temperatures dropping today.  That is the perfect set up for a big day in late fall. I was fishing winter tactics as described in my previous post.  My bait was pineapple flavored Pescaviva with a small method ball ahead of it.  I landed what could only be described as carp that looked like beer barrels. I got three of them.  These fish were so fat they could barely swim, and quite honestly, they were sluggish on the fight..  And, they had size to them as the three were in the 15-20 lb. range (see pic of 20 lber.) but measured  less than thirty inches. Yes, they are feeding up big time for winter.  Now, if I could only get one of these beer barrels that measures about 40 inches, I would have a monster of a fish.  Can you say 40 lbs.? Yikes, I do think it's out there in RI. Gotta think BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment