Friday, October 11, 2013

Baits that are HOT Right Now

I have been fishing some crazy hours this week but catching some decent fish up to 20 lbs. I have been catching in the daytime as well as at night.  Here are some of the hot baits I have been using:
* Maize/6mm pop up boilie combo bait- This is a 6 mm Mistral boilie with one kernel of maize threaded on the hair rig (see photo at right).
*Maize/doughball combo-  I have used this before but it seems to be very hot right now.  The doughball is made from white bread and is the size of a small marble.  It is also hair rigged (see photo at left).
*Chick peas- I keep going back to this bait because it works real well.  I use dried chick peas from the supermarket that I boil for exactly 20 minutes. You can use one, one and a half or two peas. It is also hair rigged (see photo at right).
And, yes, I am using a method ball with all of the above baits.



This super long streaker was caught on a chick pea.

No comments:

Post a Comment