Monday, April 21, 2014

100th Carp of the Year Turns Out to be a BIGGIE

This 25 lb. mirror was my 100th carp of the 2014 season.
I'm on a pace ahead of last year and have landed many
more big ones this year.
I landed my 100th carp of 2014 today.  It was a BIGGIE, a mid twenties mirror.  It kind of goes along with a theme of big mirrors that I have been catching all spring. In addition to that big one, I also had four other fish of 10, 15 and 21 lbs., so it was a good day.
Last year I  had gotten my 100th fish of the year on May 1.  I am ahead of the game this year by about two weeks.  It's been a very cold spring and a late start, but I still have more fish and more bigger fish than I did last year at this time. The only thing missing thus far is a thirty pound mirror, no easy task in RI, but I can assure you that I am working on it and I have a good idea where I can find one.  It is just a matter of time and luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment