Tuesday, June 3, 2014

40 lb. Mirror WINS Biggest Mirror Award in CAG Big 4 Tournament

My monster mirror of 40 lbs., 2 oz. won the Biggest Mirror
award in the North American CAG Big 4 Tournament.
That huge mirror carp of 40 lbs., 2 oz. that I landed two weeks ago has won the Biggest Mirror Award in this year's CAG Big 4 Contest. The prizes include bait packages and other carp gear. The CAG Big 4 showcases the very best big carp fishermen from all over North America in a competition to see who can catch the biggest common and biggest mirror along with a Big 4 total.  This was my third winning mirror in the last four years.  We are blessed with an abundance of big mirrors in the northeast, and we can compete nationally when it comes to mirror carp.  My Big 4 total was over 122 lbs. and that was good enough for sixth place overall.  My goal in this tournament is always a top ten finish and that's what I got.  I'm pleased.
Some of the fish taken in this North American tournament will dazzle you.  There were two 50's landed (both commons) and two 40's (one common and my mirror). One of those commons weighed 56 lbs., a new CAG record!  There were a whopping 34 carp in the thirties landed.  The Big 4 winner had a staggering total of over 170 lbs. which amounts to an average of over 42 lbs. a fish.  Holy smokes!
If you want to see some of the winning entries, visit the Carp Angler Group Forum at www.carpanglersgroup.com You will be very impressed at what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment