Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Tough Choices

Where to fish, what to fish for?? This is always my dilemma in the fall as I am fishing both salt and freshwater.  It's a time of the year that I fish more for striped bass than I fish for carp.  Nevertheless, I am still carp fishing, mostly in the mornings and on very stormy days.
Today was typical of my schedule at this time of year.  I left the house at 9:00 AM and headed for one of my favorite carp spots. I had my saltwater gear with me along with my freshwater gear.  I fished freshwater for about two and a half hours, and landed one good size carp.  I left my freshwater spot about noontime and headed for Narragansett.  I slugged it out there in some rough water but was rewarded with a 40 striper day. I got all schoolies and no keepers although last week I had two big stripers over 40 inches from shore.  Tonight I fished until dark in Gansett then headed to another location to try for a big one after dark.  Got nothing in the second spot.
I ended up getting home about 9:00 PM.  This has been my schedule for the last month. Tough choices.....I'm sure many of you would love to make these "tough choices"!


No comments:

Post a Comment