Sunday, November 9, 2014

600th Carp of the Year

600th carp for 2014!
I'm on a bit of a November roll as I have gotten good numbers of fish thus far this month. I hit another big number today as I landed my 600th carp of the year. It was a good looking mirror that was caught on maize. In the last four years I have been able to catch over 600 carp each year.  Last year I landed my 600th fish on Nov. 29.  This year I got it on Nov.9 so I am ahead of last year's pace. Whether I can get to 700 fish this year will depend greatly on the weather, especially in December.  Back in 2011, a very warm winter year, I landed 739 carp, my best year ever in terms of numbers.  It is doubtful that I can get that many this year, but you never know.
I plan to fish all winter long for carp so long as I have open water spots to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment