Saturday, March 28, 2015

Nothing Doing

It's the same ole story with snow covering most of the woodsy areas and ponds covered in ice in much of the state.  However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel as the shorelines are going in most ponds south of Providence. There are even places where you can get a cast away from a snow less shoreline and actually fish.  Some good news is that I got out and fished open water three times this week. The bad news is that I never even had a hit.  I suspect the cold snow melt and lack of sunshine is contributing to very cold water temperatures and the lack of feeding. Even moving water was not producing at the beginning of the week as I tried the Blackstone in MA and came away empty.
What can I say....we are off to a very slow start.  I'm looking at the forecast for this week and it looks like a warm up is on the way.  I'm guessing the fishing will slowly perk up in the next week if you can find fishable water. It's got to get started eventually!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I was wondering if anyone had found open water. All my usual spots are still pretty frozen though like you said the margins are thawing.

    ReplyDelete