Tuesday, December 8, 2015

1,100

This chunking common was
number 1,100 on the year.
The good times just keep rolling in this beautiful December weather.  It is only December 8th as I write this, and already I have caught more carp in December than any other December I have ever fished.  Yup, it is that good as the record numbers just continue for me.
This is the hot ticket
as far as bait.
Today I got number 1,100 on the year, a good looking 10 lb. common. It was a raw and chilly day, something I am not used to in this mild run of weather, but the fish were still hitting.
I have had all my luck in December using sweetcorn on a hair rig.  Keeping with a delicate winter approach I am generally using just two kernels on a short hair length.  I am also using the smallest method ball I can pack around my sinker.  At times I am also catching with no method, but in recent days, the method seems to lure more fish.
I am guessing that there will be no end to my hot fishing until the weather dramatically changes and from the looks of things, that won't happen for at least two weeks.  Let the good times roll!


No comments:

Post a Comment