Saturday, April 16, 2016

Change in Strategy Breaks Slump

This good looking mirror is one of 7 carp landed today.
The April slump has been broken.  Finally, I had a good day landing 7 carp.
I have changed strategies in the last few days.  I went back to my cold water strategies of fishing small, shallow bodies of water.  These smaller spots tend to warm up faster on sunny days, and the fish seem to get more active in these locations compared to bigger and deeper bodies of water.  I also used a cold water approach fishing sweet corn on the hair with no method ball.  This is something I also do in cold weather when the carp are finicky about hitting.
It all worked out today delivering the best day numbers-wise for me this month.  Hopefully, the slump is broken for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment