Friday, August 5, 2016

Staying the Course

August is continuing right where July left off. The weather is hot and the fishing continues to be hot for me.  In the first five days of August I have put 26 carp on the bank (see photos of two of them on left and right), real decent numbers for this time of year. While many of these fish have been small, I am resisting the urge to go looking for bigger ones.  I know from past experience that when I'm into something hot, stick with it, especially in the dog days of August.
The hot bait continues to be a mix of sweet corn and a small kernel of maize on the hair rig.  I am also using a #8 hook.  I am using a small method ball packed around my sinker.  Once again, it's working, so why change.
In past years, September has been a far better month for bigger fish.  However, last August, around this time, I landed a rare 30 lb. common in RI waters.  So, you never know!


No comments:

Post a Comment