Thursday, September 29, 2016

Big Day in Lousy Weather

I landed 7 carp on the day and this was one of the larger ones.
They were also hitting after dark.
The big ones have come alive.  Today was a day in which the large carp were very active.  I've said many times in the past that the lousier the weather the better the carp fishing. With a cool northeast wind and overcast conditions, the fish were in a hitting mood this morning. I landed good numbers of them up to the high teens.
In addition, I got out on my first nighttime adventure of the fall.  I also caught fish after dark with the biggest going 20 lbs.
The hot bait for me all day was a combo bait of maize along with a white, plastic pop up artificial corn made by ESP. That has been a hot ticket in recent weeks for bigger fish, and it worked like a charm today.  I am also using a method ball.
With lousy weather forecast right through the weekend, it should be prime time to get out and catch a large fall carp. They are on the feed right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment