Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Still Cooking

Here's a hefty 14 lb. common
that was landed this morning.
This is one of 6 mirrors landed
after dark tonight in 43
degree weather.
Despite the fact that we are getting late in the year, carp fishing continues to be very good for me.  I got out today for a short session in the morning and again for a short session after dark.  The total for the day was 8 carp from 5 to 14 lbs.  Not bad for mid November! I have fished three out of the last four days and have landed 16 carp.
What really surprised me about today was how active the fish were after dark.  It was a cold 43 degrees where I was fishing tonight, yet the fish were hitting.  In two hours I managed to bank 6 mirrors.  They were especially keying on a combo bait of maize and a white, artificial corn combo fished on the hair rig. That white ESP artificial corn has been a hot producer for me all fall, and it continues to work.
I will continue with my carp fishing until the ice comes. If this warmer than usual weather continues, I suspect the carp fishing will remain good until the end of December just like it was last year. As the weather cools into December, expect the daytime (especially late afternoon) to produce the best while the cold night fishing will gradually shut off.
At this point I need 125 carp from now till the end of the year to reach the 1,000 mark for 2016. It is possible, but I will have to find a hotspot or two to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment