Tuesday, September 11, 2018

1,000

This 21 lber. that I landed today was number 1,000 on the year.
The fish were active today in the rainy and foggy weather.
I landed my 1,000 th carp of the year today, and it was a beauty that tipped the scale at 21 lbs.  This is the earliest I have ever hit the thousand mark. The most I have ever caught in one year is 1300.  Could this be the year this gets topped? If the weather stays warm until late December, it just might happen.
Today was one of those days in which the fish were turned on by the nasty weather. The fish were also active and jumping. It had been raining earlier before I got to my spot, and the weather was foggy, real good conditions for carp fishing. I landed 5 decent commons from 10 to 21 lbs.
All my fish today fell for a combo bait of one kernel of maize and a white artificial corn fished on the hair rig. I also packed a method ball around my sinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment