Sunday, January 12, 2020

Like a day in May....

If you wouldn't know it was Jan. 12, today could have passed for May 12! The temperature hit a record 70 degrees, and it had the carp active and in a spring mood. I got out this afternoon in one of my favorite spring spots here in RI. Right away, I saw some carp whirling, another jumped right out of the water in front of me. Yes, they were active and enjoying this false sense of spring.
Here's one of six carp landed this afternoon
in this record breaking weather. The carp
just love these warm days in the middle of
winter!
They were also hitting. In a couple of hours, I banked 6 fish and had another on. They all fell for my hair rig that was baited with one kernel of sweet corn along with a white, artificial corn. The fish were also active on the fight and hit. I've landed quite a few carp thus far in January prior to today.  But, all those sluggish fish just picked up the bait and tapped the rod tip on the hit.  These fish today zipped off with the bait and had the alarms humming.
We've got a couple of days more of above normal temperatures before we hit the skids toward the weekend. Looks like a good few days coming up of carp fishing in January here in RI.

No comments:

Post a Comment