Thursday, September 24, 2020

Nighttime Productive

 

Here's a nice mirror in the net that was 
landed a couple of nights ago.  Nighttime fishing
for carp is especially productive in the fall!

It's that time of year.  Night's darkness is arriving earlier and earlier and when I am not striper fishing, I find myself heading out after super with my carp gear and headlight, ready for some nighttime  carp fishing. I find the fall to be especially productive for fishing for carp in the darkness.  Besides, you can get in several hours of fishing and still get home at a reasonable hour.

There is no difference between your approaches to fishing for carp at night or in the daytime.  Same baits, same spots are good, same gear. Get yourself a good headlamp and you are ready.  Still, I know many find fishing in the darkness unnatural and difficult.  I love the quiet stillness of darkness. The excitement comes when the alarm screams off and puts an exciting end to the silence.

I've been out several times at night in the last week or so and have some fish every outing.  In each case, I did prebait my spots, a key to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment