Monday, December 21, 2020

Shut Down, Iced Over and Snowed Out

No carp fishing, but the skiing is 
great these days!

I have never seen a carp season come to a crashing halt like this one.  One night I'm catching carp on a fifty degree evening and the next day I am shoveling a foot of snow. Welcome to New England.

Every spot I know of that has produced in the past in December is not fishable or not producing right now. All still waters are iced over, all running water is very high.  Access is near impossible even in river waters due to all the snow.

So, no need to stress about it.  I've put the rods and carp gear in the basement temporarily, got out the ski gear, and it's been off to the slopes for me for the last two weeks. The beauty of living in New England is that there is always something to do outside regardless of the time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment