Thursday, March 18, 2021

Baffled

 

Here is a common from last week.  So far,
March fishing has been a big disappointment.

Carp fishing is not going well for me.  I've fished quite a bit in March and have come away with a paltry 7 fish.   The fish are just not active. This lousy fishing pattern has continued all winter long. Last year, 2020, at this time, I had over 170 carp.  This year I fished about the same number of times, and I've landed just 44 fish to this point. I try to tell myself that the weather has really been up and down, a negative for carp fishing, but that's the way March usually goes so not really different. Yes, the water is cold.  Yes, the ice reformed in a lot of places this week.  So, we've not seen an extended spring pattern of weather yet. I've tried fishing a lot of my previous March hotspots and just not much doing.

I'm hoping a warmer week next week might perk up the fishing here in RI.  I'm also guessing that when things do perk up the fishing will get hot very quickly which just might lead to an extended hot streak. Until then, I'll keep looking and trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment