Tuesday, October 12, 2021

One of the Rarest Carp I Have Ever Caught

 

The albino mirror koi is in the net ready to take
ashore.

I had a rare and unexpected treat today while carping.

I would identify this carp that I landed today as an albino mirror koi.  This fish had large white scales like a fully scaled mirror along with sprinkles of faded pink spots on its body.  It was both beautiful, and probably the rarest carp I have ever caught.

I have only landed 2 koi in the past so this is unusual for me.  I also landed this fish in a spot where I have never seen one. The fish hit a combo bait of maize and a white artificial pop-up corn.

I've often said that when carp fishing, you never know what you are going to catch. Proves it today!

Beautiful and one of the rarest carp I have ever caught!


No comments:

Post a Comment