Saturday, March 26, 2022

The Secret Weapon?

Here is one of my 14 mm
homemade boiles that
I tried for the first  time
yesterday.

 I spent a lot of time this winter experimenting making boilies. I saw the
potential in boilies last spring when I used some commercially prepared ones.  I had great success with those, catching several fish over 30 lbs. along with many 20's.  So, this winter I bought much of the equipment (sausage gun, rolling table along with supermarket ingredients) needed to make these. I came up with three different boiles (color and scent different) that I thought would have some potential.  It's always been my mission to try to come up with a carp bait that no one has, one that will REALLY catch carp.  I think I have found it. 

I tried one of my creations yesterday for the first time. One outfit was set up with the boilie while the other had a maize/pop-up combo bait.  To make a long story short, the boilie accounted for two carp while the corn got me one lone fish.  I know this isn't a big sample, but I can see the potential here.

Boilies are generally regarded as "big fish" baits. Hopefully, my creations will deliver at least a couple of thirties for me this year.  Stay tuned! 

Here's the proof that the boiile worked.
I actually used a combo bait of a boilie 
and a single kernel of maize on the 
hair rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment