Friday, June 17, 2022

4th Place Finish- National CAG Spring Big 4

 It was quite a tournament for me.  I just finished up fishing in the  the national CAG Big 4 tournament.  The tournament started back in March and has been running for three months.  It featured over 60 of the best carp fishermen from all over the US.  You could fish anywhere and catches had to be weighed on your own scales and photo proof had to accompany an entry.  You could enter as many carp as you wanted but only your top 4 fish (by weight ) would count.

I took an unusual approach this year.  In other years I would hit some of the big carp venues in the tri-state areas of MA, RI and CT.  But, with high gas prices and Covid still around, I decided to only fish here in RI. I knew a couple of big fish venues that just might work out and I pounded those spots. The results were astounding.  I entered 4 potential STATE RECORDS.  Since these fish were all released in good shape, none will qualify as official state records (here in RI you must bring the fish to an official weigh station which would result in killing the fish). My four biggest carp weighed 32 lbs., 8 oz., 34 lbs., 35 lbs., 4 oz and 36 lbs., 8 oz.  My grand total was 138 lbs., 4 oz., good enough for 4th place overall and the highest total of anyone in New England. It was also my best total in doing these tournaments for the last ten years. By the way, all those fish were weighed on my certified Reuben-Heaton scale so those weights are dead accurate.

For my fourth place finish I will receive a $75 gift certificate to Big Carp Tackle. I'm sure I can find plenty to spend it on!

Here is one of 4 potential state records that I entered in
the CAG National Big 4 Tournament.


No comments:

Post a Comment