Thursday, November 3, 2022

Hitting at Night

 

This mirror was landed after dark tonight. It looks
like daylight because of the flash on the camera.

With the sun setting earlier and earlier (wait till next week!), I find myself turning to nighttime carping when I'm not striper fishing. I got out a couple of times in the last few days and I can tell you the carp are hitting after dark. I landed several nice size mirrors tonight.

After dark fishing is no different than daytime fishing....same baits, same spots, same set-up.  Only difference is that you are usually in complete darkness. Some people are not comfortable fishing in the dark.  I am having done this all my life in saltwater.

I have three suggestions for anyone who wants to try this.  Pick a safe area to fish and get yourself a good headlight. Oh, and bring some warm clothing. The temperature can really drop in November after the sun sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment