Saturday, June 24, 2023

Post Spawn Carp on the Feed; Ideal Weather

This combo bait of maize and
a white pop-up fished on the
hair rig has been super effective
lately. 

 June has been a very good month of carp fishing for me.  I have been in multiple places, and the fish are really hitting.  There are numbers to be had as well as some big ones up into the 20's.

All this good fishing is being fueled by two things.  First off, the carp are done spawning. Those post spawn carp tend to be very hungry, and they often go on a feeding spree for weeks after the spawn.  Secondly, the weather has stayed cool and rainy. Those are ideal conditions for fishing for carp even though most fishermen will avoid this bad weather. I'll take rainy and stormy anytime over nice and sunny!

I have also fished a variety of baits in June and all seem to be working. My homemade coconut boilies were very effective in early June.  Lately, my ole favorite combo bait of a white plastic pop-up corn along with a real kernel of maize on the hair rig has been very effective.

I have been getting good size commons as well as good
size mirrors mixed in with some smaller ones. June
fishing has been hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment