Sunday, June 16, 2024

7th Place- CAG National Big 4 Tournament

 


This year I came in 7th place in the popular CAG Spring Big 4 Tournament. This is a real competitive event as 60 of the best carp anglers around the country duke it out, entering their 4 biggest carp landed from March 15 to June 15. You could fish anywhere in the US. It's tough to compete with these guys who fish some of the famed big carp waters and big rivers throughout the US.  Still, I managed to stay competitive, and I landed all my fish from RI waters.

I entered four thirty pound carp, no easy task here in RI, as thirty pound carp are few and far between. I had carp of 32 lbs., 2 oz., 31 lbs., 31 lbs. and 30 lbs., 4 oz. My overall total came out to 134 lbs., 6 oz. Gift certificates are awarded to the top ten finishers. I will be receiving a gift certificate from Carp Angler.com who sponsored our event.

I always try to shoot for a top ten finish in this event.  So, overall, I'm pleased with the results.


My final entry, a 31 lb. hog of a fish!


No comments:

Post a Comment