Sunday, October 6, 2024

All About the PB

Evan, one of our newest members, landed this
PB common earlier in the month. It weighed 
19 lbs.

 PB, Personal Best. In carp fishing, that's what every carp fishermen strives for.  They are constantly out to beat their personal bests. For some, that might be a carp in the high teens.  For others, it might be a carp in the 20's,  a fish considered "big" here in RI.  And, for others it might be a mega fish in the 30's or even 40's (yes, they do exist around here).

We are currently running our Fall Combo Tournament. Many of our guys are out looking for a big common or a big mirror.  For two of our newcomers, they landed a couple of PBs while fishing in our tournament.  Evan landed a PB common which tipped the scales at 19 lbs. Scott, another newcomer, scored his PB mirror, a carp that weighed in at 19 lbs. also. Huge congrats on those PBs. I'm sure these guys are now out there looking for a PB of over 20 lbs.  Stick with it....it's coming.

Scott, another new member, landed this PB 
mirror that weighed 19 lbs.

When I first started, my goal was to get a 20 lber.  It took many years for that to happen, and for at least 10 years, my PB was stuck at 27 lbs. I looked long and hard for a 30.  Finally, the search was over when I landed a 36 lber. here in RI.  It took me ten years to find that one thirty, and the next year I had six of them over 30 lbs. You just seem to figure out how to do it. My next goal was a 40.  That took only a couple of years, and soon I had a 40 lb. PB mirror and a 40 lb. PB common. Those are my current PBs.  My next goal is to get a mid 40. Not easy to do, but possible. In fact, I might have had it on this spring, but the hook pulled right at the net (I hate when that happens!). But, rest assured, I am out there looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment