Sunday, September 27, 2026

The Birthday Carp- 31 lbs., 6 oz.

 I celebrated my 76th birthday today as I usually do- by going fishing.  In the past I have mostly gone striper fishing on my birthday, and I landed some memorable stripers on Sept. 27th. But, today's severe northeaster and monstrous waves put a crimp in that plan.  So, I figured I would pack my heavy duty rain gear and head out carp fishing in the hopes of catching a memorable carp to celebrate. How does 31 lbs., 6 ounces sound!!!

I got the big hog in some on and off heavy rain and wind, something carp just love (check out previous post).  The fish hit a combo bait of maize and a white artificial corn fished on a hair rig, my best bait this year. I also had three other carp between 8 and 15 lbs.

Thirty pounders are very tough to catch here in RI, and I know this is the biggest carp I have ever landed on my birthday. What a way to celebrate!

My birthday carp- 31 lbs., 6 oz.!