Friday, May 29, 2009

Taking on the CT River


I have always wanted to fish the CT River in MA for carp, and today I finally got there. Thanks to friend, Khrys, for showing me some spots that were very productive.

The river itself is MASSIVE with a fast flow. I was fishing my usual hot set up which is two kernels of flavored sweet corn (testing for The Bait Stop) along with a kernel of Wild Whiskey maize on a hair rigged hook. Up ahead was an oatmeal based method ball. A three ounce inline lead was needed to just barely hold bottom.

Well, the alarms were buzzing for Khrys and me as we landed about 17 carp with at least a half dozen in the twenties (see pic at left). It was hot fishing for decent fish and fulfilled my goal of getting to and fishing the CT River for carp.

No comments:

Post a Comment